What should I do if my child is addicted to mobile phones?
First, do you know truth about childhood cell phone addiction?
1. The family life is not rich or family is not happy, such as relationship between husband and wife, relationship between parents and children, etc. The family relationship is not good, there are no other things in family that can attract children, or family atmosphere is too oppressive.
2. There is a simple, direct, rude, iron humanoid father in family who has poor emotion management skills. Such a father loves to complain, blame mother, lose his temper, attack and beat child. .
3. There is an anxious mother in family who used to indulge and indulge, and now has a low sense of happiness. Such a mother is in a state of helplessness, low energy, low happiness, crazy about her children and crazy about her husband.
4. The child was positive in school or life for a certain period of time, but later faced setbacks, which led to a decrease in various functions. These children were sunny, reasonable and excellent children.
5. All children who love to play mobile phones or mobile games are children who are willing to abide by rules. You are playing by rules and you must follow rules of game or game will not continue.
6. The competencies that games give children and resulting sense of accomplishment are missing at home and at school. Children feel at play in a simple, comfortable and relaxed atmosphere, they are rewarded and a sense of accomplishment, but they become depressed when they are with their parents.
7. The feeling of immersion in game alone and feeling of support during struggle together is what children dream about. Everyone will hope to get support of others, help complete task together, and also yearn for a sense of immersion.
8. Direct feedback (positive or negative) during play is understandable and does not absorb child. In life, a lot of feedback we give children consumes them. Like why are you so bad? Why not learn? And learning actually takes energy. The kids are consumed by us, plus their own internal frictions, so kids don't have energy to learn. At same time, feedback from game is timely and clear. When we make a request to a child, clearer request, better child fulfills it.
Knowing truth about childhood cell phone addiction, do you have any strategies? Don't worry, you may have to make some preparations before you want to interact with your kids:
1. Husband and wife need to present a united front and adhere to a single opinion.
2. Set up a special meeting with your child, a time and place for communication, which can also be a family gathering time
3. Provide an atmosphere of communication (discussion on an equal footing, without emotions, without criticism and accusations, avoid mass gatherings)
4. Risk assessment and treatment (in order to avoid a sudden loss of communication of one of parties in communication, you can agree in advance)
5. Introduction and implementation of communication conclusions.
Preparation is completed, you can start communicating with children:
1. Invite children to talk about their current feelings about school and life, especially about cell phones.
An important point: clearly tell child that purpose of this conversation is not to criticize and deal with him / her, but to understand current studies and life, and a realistic expression is enough.
Start with "feeling", child is addicted to mobile phones, how does a mobile phone make him/her feel? Remember: without criticism and accusations (criticism and accusations are useless, except for talking about collapse)
2. Discuss with children appeal of mobile phones and games for children and why.
Key Points: Find out truth that attracts children, and at same time tell children that games are designed to attract people and make them addicted. Attractiveness shows that child is curious, and ability to quit game shows that child has self-control.
3. Enhance children's ability to use mobile phones.
Key point: Discuss with your child how to defeat mobile phone with your child instead of defeating child with mobile phone.
4. To better use mobile phones, what parents should do to support their children.
An important point. Parents should support their children in many ways, not just in use of mobile phones.
5. To future
Key Points: Enrich family life, heighten family emotions, and let children feel value and happiness at home. Plan for future based on present and continue to positively define children. The inner self-knowledge of child follows from definition of his parents.
Okay, do you have any guidance on what to do if your kids are addicted to mobile phones?
Finally, parents and friends, don't forget to enrich family life, strengthen emotional bond in family, give children more support in many ways, positively define children rather than digest children, and help children regain their self-esteem!